Dogs can be rough on your carpets as well as on the upholstery. Some even Dog Dug a Hole in their claws into the rugs and carpeting out of boredom or anxiety. These activities of dogs result in tearing up the carpet. Replacing your flooring entirely will increase your expenditure. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars for a completely new carpet, carpet pet damage repair is the easiest as well as pocket-friendly task. Make the job of fixing easy and budget-saving with the use of carpet remnants.
Carpet Pet Damage Repair [Dog Dug a Hole]
Repairing the carpet includes several steps. These include the following:
- Step 1 – Cut out a square of the carpet. Take care that it surrounds the section that has already been torn. Now make a cut as small as possible that would encompass the entire area of the tear. Use a carpenter’s square in helping you cut straight lines. Slice through the carpet with the help of a utility knife, thereby cutting through the carpet and not the padding. Remove the piece of the carpet that has already been cut off. If you feel necessary, use the end of a putty knife to pry the carpet.
- Step 2 – Now cut out a piece of cardboard into the shape of the hole that is around one inch larger than the cutout portion. Pull the edge of the carpet around the hole. Insert the cardboard inside the hole under the carpet. Slightly fold the carpet if necessary so that it fits into the hole.
- Step 3 – Trace the hole onto the cardboard staying as close as possible towards the edge of the cardboard e of the hole in the carpet. Now remove the cardboard. Saw the traced shape out of the cardboard using the utility knife. Keep the straight with the help of carpenter’s square.
- Step 4 – Take a matching piece of carpet remnant and turn it upside down. Trace down the cardboard and with the help of a marker, mark the lines of the cardboard. Cut the shape out of the remnant piece using the utility knife and carpenter’s square in creating a patch.
- Step 5 – Slice down a piece of double-sided seam tape that would fit into the hole. Now apply the seam tape to the carpet padding inside the hole. Place the patch that has already been cut inside the hole. Press down firmly to adhere to the tape.
- Step 6 – Run a vacuum cleaner over the patched area. This would help in blending the carpet fibres together, thereby hiding the patch.
To Get The Services On Call
Dogs or other pets living in your house have a habit of digging and they do the same even on your beautiful carpet mostly out of boredom. We understand how much you love your home and the beautiful carpet covering the floorings. We have a team of professionals who are presently working in varieties of carpets ranging from simple single coloured to highly textured and patterned ones. We at Carpet Cleaning Brisbane QLD has been renowned as the best carpet repair company for more than five areas. Our team members are experts in Dog Dug a Hole Carpet repair and different types of carpet patching. We are just a click or call away to provide you hassle-free servicing at your doorstep within a couple of days.